Service trip applications due — Applications for service trips over Tour Week are due Friday, Jan. 15. Find trip and application details online at www.wartburg.edu/servicetrips. Email your application to email@example.com or drop off at office 171 in the Hub.
Keep on Learning — Wartburg College’s Keep on Learning continuing education series will return Jan. 7 with classes examining the influence of first ladies on the presidency. Graham Garner, Wartburg’s vice president for marketing and communication, will lead the discussion on “Presidential Partnerships: American Presidents and First Ladies.” The first class of each session is free; a $30 fee due at the second class covers the rest of the session. Classes continue Jan. 14, 21 and 28 in the Heritage Room of Saemann Student Center For more information, click here.
Crossing Boundaries with German Film — A new contemporary German-language film series, Crossing Boundaries with German Film, will launch this semester. "Merry Christmas"/"Joyeux Noel," a French-German collaboration, kicks off the series 7:15 p.m. Jan. 12 in WBC116. One of four films in the series, it tells the story of the World War I Christmas Eve truce when British, French and German soldiers joined together to celebrate peace. All films are free, open to the public, and screened with English subtitles. A student-led discussion will follow the viewings. Information about subsequent screenings will follow. The series is sponsored by the German Institute at Wartburg College and organized by the German program.
MLK Week activities — Activities throughout the week will include:
- Sunday, Jan. 17, 6:30 p.m., Lyceum — the movie "Selma" will be shown with highlights of the march from Selma to Montgomery, Alabama.
- Monday, Jan. 18 — A day of service. Contact the VAC for more information.
- Tuesday, Jan. 19 — Involvement Fair during Community Time
- Wednesday, Jan. 20, 6 p.m., Lyceum — BSU will host #MakeitMatter, "A Way to Empower All" panel. Eucharist at 9 p.m. in the Chapel with candlelight vigil to follow.
- Thursday, Jan. 21, 7 p.m., Lyceum — The Outlet will highlight multiple entertainers performing various forms of oppression, with ice cream social to follow.
- Friday, Jan. 22 — KWAR wrap-up event with trivia at dinnertime
Waverly Health Center Volunteering — Students who want to begin the volunteering phase of the Waverly Health Center program must sign up for the orientation, which will be held at 6 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 20. Contact Jo Dorrance, internship coordinator, in Student Life Office #184. This is for students beginning the program only, not for those already volunteering/shadowing.
College calendar — Stay up to date with campus events by following the college's official calendar.