Knightline submissions — The January edition of Knightline (the email newsletter that goes out to alumni, parents and friends of Wartburg) will be sent out soon after break on Thursday, Jan. 7. If you or your department have news/events you’d like to include, fill out the submissions form before leaving for break. Email Stephanie Boeding, communication specialist, with questions.
HLC Accreditation feedback — As mentioned in Monday’s Winter Faculty Workshop Opening Plenary about HLC Accreditation, feedback about the assurance argument draft is being accepted through Jan. 10. The draft and associated evidence are posted at this link, and an online feedback form is located here. Two open forums will be held to address questions, suggestions and feedback on the assurance argument or any other part of the accreditation process: 11:30 a.m. Jan. 12 in SC102, and 4 p.m. Jan. 25 in SC102.
Service trip applications due — Applications for service trips over Tour Week are due Friday, Jan. 15. Find them online at www.wartburg.edu/servicetrips. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop them off at office 171 in the Hub.
Crossing Boundaries with German Film — A new contemporary German-language film series, Crossing Boundaries with German Film, will launched this semester. "Merry Christmas"/"Joyeux Noel," a French-German collaboration, kicks off the series Jan. 12, 7:15 p.m., WBC, Room 116. One of four films in the series, it tells the story of the World War I Christmas eve truce when British, French and German soldiers joined together to celebrate peace. All films are free, open to the public, and screened with English subtitles. A student-led discussion will follow the viewings. Information about subsequent screenings will follow. The series is sponsored by the German Institute at Wartburg College and organized by the German program.
Keep on Learning — Wartburg College’s Keep on Learning continuing education series will return Jan. 7 with classes examining the influence of first ladies on the presidency. Graham Garner, Wartburg’s vice president for marketing and communication, will lead the discussion on “Presidential Partnerships: American Presidents and First Ladies.” The first class of each session is free; a $30 fee due at the second class covers the rest of the session. Classes continue Jan. 14, 21 and 28 in the Heritage Room of Saemann Student Center For more information, click here.
MLK Week activities — Activities throughout the week will include:
- Sunday, Jan. 17, 6:30 p.m., Lyceum — the movie "Selma" will be shown with highlights of the march from Selma to Montgomery, Alabama.
- Monday, Jan. 18 — A day of service. Contact the VAC for more information.
- Tuesday, Jan. 19 — Involvement Fair during Community Time
- Wednesday, Jan. 20, 6 p.m., Lyceum — BSU will host #MakeitMatter, "A Way to Empower All" panel. Eucharist at 9 p.m. in the Chapel with candlelight vigil to follow.
- Thursday, Jan. 21, 7 p.m., Lyceum — The Outlet will highlight multiple entertainers perform various forms of oppression, with ice cream social to follow.
- Friday, Jan. 22 — KWAR wrap-up event with trivia at dinnertime
College calendar — Stay up to date with campus events by following the college's official calendar.