The Sponsored Programs Office assists Wartburg faculty and staff members secure and manage funding from foundations, government agencies, and corporations in support of faculty research, initiatives to improve teaching, learning, and student life, and other college priorities.
The Sponsored Programs Office can help:
- Identify external funding sources (foundations, government agencies, corporations)
- Interpret these funders’ guidelines and grant-related federal policies
- Provide guidance in writing successful proposals
- Review and edit proposals
- Prepare budgets
- Align proposals with Wartburg’s policies and procedures
- Submit proposals using electronic systems such as NSF FastLane and Grants.gov
The Wartburg College Grants Protocol (PDF) outlines the College’s basic policies for grant-seeking.
Prior to submission, grant proposals must be circulated and approved by several college officers using the grant sign-off form (PDF).
Wartburg faculty and staff members are encouraged to contact the College Sponsored Programs Administrator as early as possible in the grant-seeking process.
To assist members of the Wartburg community to identify grant sources, the College subscribes to The Grant Advisor Plus. To access, log in to MyWartburg, then click “Resources,” then click “Grants.” This site provides a monthly update of approaching application deadlines and a search database.
The grant sign off page is due with the completed grant at least 10 days prior to the grant deadline.
Contact: Kathleen Sihler, x8427