Wartburg College’s Symphonic Band and Wind Ensemble will perform in the annual Fall Band Concert Saturday and Sunday, Nov. 2-3.
Dr. Scott Muntefering, Wartburg assistant professor of music education, will conduct the Symphonic Band, while Dr. Leonard Upham, University of Northern Iowa professor emeritus, will be the guest conductor of the Wind Ensemble during the hourlong concerts in Neumann Auditorium, Saturday at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m.
The concerts, which will feature energetic marches and lyric ballads, are free and open to the public.
The program will include:
- “Celebrations,” John Zdechlik
- “Ave Maria,” Franz Schubert
- “Easter Monday on the White House Lawn,” John Philip Sousa
- “Symphonic Movement,” Vaclav Nelhybel
- “Contre Qui, Rose,” Morten Lauridsen
- “Barnum and Bailey’s Favorite March,” Karl King