To qualify for graduation from Wartburg, students must:
1. Earn 36 course credits, including four May Term course credits. Transfer students must complete one May Term course credit for each year of classification at Wartburg.
2. Complete the Wartburg Plan of Essential Education for the degree for which they are candidates.
3. Complete courses in a major.
4. Achieve a minimum grade point average of 2.0 in: (1) all courses comprising a major; and (2) all courses taken at Wartburg. When Wartburg courses are repeated, only the last grade is used in calculating grade point average. Some departments require a higher grade point average in the major.
5. Take at least seven of the last nine course credits from Wartburg offerings.
When to declare your major
Individuals should declare their major(s) and/or minor(s) by the end of the first term of their second year. To do this, students must obtain a form in the Registrar's Office and complete the form with the appropriate adviser and department chair signature.
Each major includes separate requirements which are listed in the Wartburg College academic catalog. This catalog is available in the Registrar's Office.
During the third year, students must complete a diploma application which starts the graduation process. Advisers, together with the Registrar's Office, exercise all possible care in checking students' records for graduation. However, it is the sole responsibility of the student to fulfill all requirements for a degree.
Graduating seniors are required to attend Baccalaureate and Commencement. If you are unable to attend and wish to graduate in absentia, please e-mail the Dean's Office with the reason for your absence.
Dress for Commencement should be business casual to formal. The following official regalia are the only items to be worn during Baccalaureate and Commencement: Wartburg College approved cap, gown, honor cords, and scholarship medallions.